Interim Dean of Students, Lesley Nye
John Dabiri, faculty member
Paul Asimow, faculty member
Reeya Chenanda, undergraduate
Amanda Piyapanee, undergraduate
For additional information contact email@example.com.
The Housner Fund was established with a gift from the late George W. Housner, Braun Professor Emeritus in Engineering, to enhance the academic experience of undergraduate students at Caltech through its support of scholarly activities such as:
- Research that is distinct from the SURF program, although continuations of SURF projects qualify.
- Scholarly activities, such as undertaken by clubs and organizations with a technical theme.
- Travel to conferences, especially to present results of research.
- Independent study, including travel.
- Development and teaching of original courses, if a system for offering such courses by undergraduates is put into place.
- Proposals must come from Caltech undergraduate students, either individual students or groups of students.
- Proposals may be submitted anytime, with funding decisions made four times per year.
- Award decisions will be made by a committee constituted by the Undergraduate Deans. The committee, with the Associate Dean as Chair, will be comprised of five members, including the Associate Dean and at least three undergraduate students and one faculty member apart from the Dean.
- The Fund may not be used to replace existing funding.